Nowadays, there are over hundreds of film scanning services you will find in your hometown. As a result, it eventually becomes impossible to target certain film scanning services and ensure they are the best. In Gelatin Labs, we have got you covered. You will receive high-quality results once you switch to our photo film scanner, where we emphasize and strive to offer a personalized touch.
Now the question is why you should opt for a photography scanning service. Here are a few reasons that make it a must for every photographer operating on today’s date to switch to film scanning services in NYC.
When we upload your images, we utilize Dropbox and create individual folders for each
roll of film that you send in. If you need to wipe your computer and start fresh, know that
your images are safe with us and you can always request to download your images at
Highlights are bright areas in the image like the sky and anywhere light is at its strongest intensity. Midtones are neutral tones that exist across your entire image. Shadows are the darkest areas in the image and can contain lots of important detail. Our film scans will have a flexible tonal range, which means that highlights, midtones and shadows are preserved. This makes editing a breeze.
Let’s say that you prefer to not edit your scans and would like to adjust your contrast
level and color temperature here at the lab. We can make those adjustments for you!
Just share your preference with us and we’ve got you covered.
Gelatin Labs is an excellent choice for any client looking for a personalized and high quality experience. Ben & Doug started Gelatin Labs as a passion project for their family archiving. Five years later the company continues to grow its services while continuing to stay committed to treating your photos like their own. Clients who choose Gelatin Labs know they can trust that their memories will be reserved in the most beautiful, high-resolution scans that allow photographers to have full control of their images.
By default, our scans are delivered to you in the uncompressed .TIFF file format.
Compared to the JPEG format used by most labs, which strips your image of important data and color information, .TIFF stores everything the scanner sees. In today’s world of faster download speeds, larger hard drives, and faster computers, we think .TIFF should be the standard.
Our Pro Scans are the baseline .TIFF files that we send to our clients. They are approximately 34MB ~ 3024×2005 (16 bits/channel) @96ppi.
Our Super Pro Scans are the upgraded .TIFF files that we send to our clients. They are approximately 174MB ~ 6774×4492 (16 bits/channel) @96ppi.
We’re able to scan any of the following for our clients:
• 35mm (including half-frame & panoramic) • 120 • E-6 • 4×5 • 8×10 • APS • and more to come!
Your labelling system will be maintained
Organized by roll into separate folders
Delivered via a dropbox link to your email
Before sending film via our film development by mail service, there are certain things you should know. To learn more, refer to the FAQ section below.
Hours: Monday-Sunday: 8am-8pm
112 Bond St
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Welcome to Gelatin Labs, your trusted partner for all your film photography needs! We recognize that each photographer has their unique preferences, which is why we are excited to introduce two remarkable options to cater to your individual needs: Simplified and Customized.
1. After placing your order, you’ll receive a confirmation number.
2. Our dropbox is located to the left of the main entrance to the Map Building. Put film in a securely sealed bag or box, or use one of our envelopes provided if necessary. Write the order number on the bag.
3. Drop film in top section of box, and we’ll handle the rest!
4. If you’d like your negatives back, make sure to order ‘Return Shipping’ at checkout.
1. When placing your order, select “Return Shipping” if you’d like your negatives back, or ordered prints. Pickup is not available from this location.
2. Include your order number with your film in a securely sealed bag.
3. Drop in our dedicated dropbox, located inside the café, available during posted hours. Ask for assistance if you need help locating it.